Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Linen-Shirt Re-make!

Summer is here and I think the best thing to wear on a hot day is loose linen or silk tops. This shirt was handed down to me from my generous husband (who dislikes the fast wrinkling...). It was in good shape, just -well- a man's cut and size...


I know pin-tucks are usually placed closer to the center, but I didn't want to take off the collar and I needed to get rid of some excess width on the shoulders anyway, so I placed them further out than normal. I think it adds a lovely twist with them going over the shoulder and all the way down the back...



I added a full step-by-step on my blog Of Dreams and Seams. It is a very fun and quick project and should work with a wide variety of oversize-shirts! 


Happy sewing to you all out there!
Best, Katja

4 comments:

Gwen said...

This is a nice technique for a decorative narrowing of the body of the shirt! Very clever!

DressUpNotDown said...

The placement of the pocket is fun! :o)

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

concretenprimroses said...

Love the makeover. I too noticed the pocket and like what you did. I am definitely going to look at your blog as I have too many men's shirts that need a makeover!
Kathy
PS my family used to call me Katya.

Adele said...

Absolutely amazing refashion. I love it!

Adele - EOD