Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Refashioning Past Creations

A few summers ago I made some things inspired by a book that had you cutting out the entire garment in one piece.  Some things that I made I liked, but a few I never wore even one time.  These two items were unstructured, flowsy-blowsy things that I always admire on other people and in line drawings, but somehow never look or feel right on me.
This top was cut out of a triangle that you just wrap around yourself and add straps to. You can see the loose end hanging behind my arm.  This shirt ended up leaving a huge amount of leftover fabric, enough that between the triangle and the leftover I was able to make a shirt for myself and  tank top for my sister ( I did use a pattern to make mine):

Below is a beach coverup.  I picked seersucker as I thought that seemed beachy, but it ended up reminding me of a robe you'd wear at the gynecologist, or even of the bib at the dentist. So it became a fitted blouse (again I used a pattern).  

Hopefully they'll get more use this way!

No comments: