Sunday, July 28, 2013

snip, snip

WP_20130616_009

Isn’t this a pretty tank top?  It’s Anne Taylor and I found it second hand at one of my favorite shops.  I love the detailed pleats and fabric roses and tone on tone colors.  But this is what I’ve figured out:  there’s always a reason people donate nice clothes.  Always.  I realized this pretty little tanks flaw pretty quickly:  the elastic band around the waist makes it ride up my belly.   B-A-D news.
WP_20130616_010

If I had paid $30-40 for this new tank from Anne Taylor , I’m not sure I would have the guts to take a pair of scissors to it.  However, I had only spent a few dollars which gives me the nerve to try and alter it.   Snip, snip, snip.  Off came the elastic.  It curled up around the raw edge and I left it as is.  Now it is very comfy AND pretty to wear!

Easy alteration.  Easy is good.
Love,
Amy Jo at The Little Moments

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Sometimes the simplest changes can make a refashion work! Thanks for sharing

Debbie EOD