Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sorta Sorbetto & Pink Pants

Today's outfit started as an ill-fitting dress and a pair of awkward-length capris. The dress was clearly intended for someone much perkier than I, like maybe a 12-year-old. Seriously, the supposed-under-bust seam hit me right at the nipples, so I had these weird empty dress-boobs a few inches above my actual boobs. Not attractive.

Sorta Sorbetto Top and Pink PantsSorta Sorbetto Top and Pink Pants

And then I picked up these pink pants at Goodwill the other day for a couple bucks. They fit great, but I wasn't thrilled with the length.

Sorta Sorbetto Top and Pink PantsSorta Sorbetto Top and Pink Pants

I used the skirt portion of the dress to make my first Sorbetto, or at least my approximation of Sorbetto sans pattern. For the pants, I just cut them off above the knee seam and rehemmed them. I've already worn this outfit twice since I made it. I love it!

Sorta Sorbetto Top and Pink Pants - AfterSorta Sorbetto Top and Pink Pants - After

I totally drank the Sorbetto koolaid. Might have to make a few dozen more.

Sorta Sorbetto & Pink Pants Before & After

For more details and pics, check out CarissaKnits!

2 comments:

Magda said...

much better!

Dominique said...

Very youthful and fun ! Three of my favorite things: bright colors, capri pants and polka dots !