Monday, August 26, 2013

I refashioned my refashioned refashions

Several years ago, I made this dress from a sarong. Loved it.

After i stopped breastfeeding, I looked forward to wear the dress again. But it didn't fit anymore. The bodice was too small for me. WTD?

I ended up making a corset closure. I put Rigelene (corset wire) next to the studded holes, so the edges would keep their shape.
Now I can wear the dress AND breath at the same time :-).
(No it is not slantning. And yes, I need to find proper corset ribbon.)

A blouse turned cardigan. But the top edges flapped and wonked.

So I remade the cardigan to have a V-neck instead.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the 2 refashions of refashions. Have a couple of refashioned items I need to refashion again myself. That's the beauty of it :-)

xx Eddie, EOD