Friday, August 02, 2013

Tank top used as a "pattern" for dress

I've discovered what many of you have known: that you can use a piece of clothing to serve as a pattern. The cloth was Walmart's cheapest - but I liked its nubby black and white texture. The tank top fits me perfectly so I used it as a pattern of sorts. Armed with chalk, scissors, and iced coffee, I traced the tank top on the folded fabric, then sliced with the scissors. The full story is on my blog, the Embarrassing Disgrace.

Scissors, chalk, tank top, folded fabric, and iced coffee to fuel the project!

Fabric inserts were used to fill in sides...

Shaped hemline, simple semi-scarf collar, and side inserts... with a smile!

3 comments:

concretenprimroses said...

Great idea. Its the top that's hard to fit.
Kathy

primcreek said...

I am lovin this! Great job!

Refashion said...

Fun hemline and use of inserts to make this work. :) -Seeks, EOD