Sunday, September 08, 2013

Refashion Fail Follow-Up

A few weeks ago, I called on all of you for your help to salvage this refashion oops. And boy, did you ever come through for me!

To recap, it began with this free shirt, complete with holes and bleach stains.

Plaid Top Refashion

And ended with a pleated top that wouldn't stay pleated.

Plaid Top RefashionPlaid Top Refashion

But I loved the buttons down the back!

Plaid Top Refashion

I thought about just tacking down the inside of the pleat to be done with it, but Theresa had such a wonderful idea - pintucks! With the fabric's lack of drape, more structure was really what it needed.

So, after a few weeks in time out to think about what it had done, I retrieved the top from its cell (i.e., my closet) today. It expressed genuine remorse for its actions and promised to behave better this time, so we got right down to business.

I picked out the top and bottom hems, pressed out the pleat, and added lots of little pintucks instead. Then, of course, I rehemmed the top and bottom, and here's the finished product!

Button-Back Blouse

Button-Back Blouse

I couldn't be happier! Thank you all so much for your advice!
And as always, you can find more details and photos at CarissaKnits.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness this is perfect!!!! I want one!!! Pretty sure this is my favorite of your refashions :) Love it!!! Can you tell by my use of exclamation marks that I think this rocks?!?! Hahaha, great job :)

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore this!! Wow! What a great rerefash!!

www.angelfairydust.blogspot.com

J said...

Your top is so cute! I want to try this. Thanks for the inspiration

Refashion said...

The pintucks are so good - they add a new element of structure and sweetness!
Debbie EOD

Heather said...

Great save on this shirt. I love the end result.

Cucicucicoo said...

So cute! I love it with the pintucks! :) Lisa

Unknown said...

I love this! You are so talented and good call on your Sewing Angel for getting you in the right direction!

Corina said...

Very inspiring. I almost feel like digging out one of the monsters in my closet, almost.

Magda said...

love it. so inspiring.

Theresa in Mèrida said...

OMG....I love this so much. I had no idea it would look so great. I need one too! It tooks so high end too! Thanks for the link.

regards,
Theresa