Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tribal print top goes up a size!

Normally, when thrifting, I'm looking for quantity of fabric so that I can remake an item with no fear of running out of material. Every now and then I find something that is too small for me, that I buy anyway, but clothes can be taken up a size too! Case in point, this tribal print top that I had to squeeze over my head and shoulders for this before pic...


It gaped at the armholes, too. So, overall, not working as was. I had these two scraps of sheer fabric from the sequin jacket lining I'd made into a top that were perfect for enlarging this cropped top. I seam ripped up the two sides, pinned the fabric in place and sewed the panels on each side!


Simple as that! Here's the after...





I'll probably roll the hem under a couple of times and pin in place for when I want it extra cropped (need to find some high waisted jeans/pants!), and will also wear as is with any of my black pencil skirts...yes, I have more than one ;)

Peace,
Andrea

LittleDidYouKnow

2 comments:

IWOM said...

And this, girls and boys, is why we keep all our scraps from previous refashions!

Nice job.

IWOM: EOD

concretenprimroses said...

Inspiring to see this as I have a similar problem with a linen top I bought.
Kathy