Sunday, October 20, 2013

DIY Cinderella Costume

For this week's edition of Refashion Runway, we were challenged to create something for Halloween. I started with these three FREE dresses - one wedding gown and two different pink 1980's bridesmaid dresses.

Refashion Runway Week 5: Halloween

...and turned them into a Cinderella costume.

Refashion Runway Week 5: Halloween
Refashion Runway Week 5: Halloween

I picked up some pink kitten heels at the thrift shop for $4.

Refashion Runway Week 5: Halloween

I even made my accessories: white bow headband, blue glass bead necklace, and matching pleated clutch.

Refashion Runway Week 5: Halloween

For more details on my project, visit CarissaKnits. To see the other entries and vote for your favorite, go to the Renegade Seamstress.

9 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I am incredibly envious of your motivation to work on so many refashions! Holy cow! You make me look so lazy and unmotivated (which is actually true).

As a huge, huge, huge fan of Cinderella, I love love love love the refashion. Great job!

cfort82 said...

Nicely Done!

Cindy @ upcycled Design Lab

Refashion said...

A great job....lovey work on the dress

Debbie
EOD

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, woman! You are amazing! I absolutely love this refashion! Super cute! :)
~Jen

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Totally amazing.

Unknown said...

Very nice!

- Elizabeth
aka The Hungry Octopus

Unknown said...

Wow! Great job. You should be proud of yourself.

Unknown said...

Love this! Wonderful refashion and costume! Looks just like the movie

Camille G said...

Wow this is amazing!