Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Skirt refashion

Rooting through my wardrobe, I find a selection of clothes which although I am still wearing them, they are not the most flattering fit. Or is it that my shape has changed?
A number of skirts are an unflattering length, midi may be in fashion but it doesn't suit me. This one I plucked out first is A line and needed shortening, no before pic I'm afraid, but the main difference I made is in the length.

However, it's not just a quick shortening job. I carefully cut about 10 cm off the bottom, keeping the circle whole, and rehemmed the skirt.
Then I ran a gathering thread round the top of the offcut, and stitched it above the new hem as a ruffle, easing it slightly beforehand.
Thus achieving three things. A shorter skirt. A flattering ruffle just above the knee. And the spare piece of fabric parked where I can find it in case I need it in future.


2 comments:

Sandy said...

I like the idea of the spare piece of fabric being parked where you can see it!
Sandy in the UK

Adele said...

Cute skirt.

Adele - EOD