Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Upcycled Necktie Brooch

Hi Refashioners, I haven't posted here in a while. Thought I'd share a little brooch making that came about earlier this week after I purchased a Givenchy tie for a dollar in the op shop, originally intended for my husband but he didn't really like it. Rather than donate it back, I put it aside for a refashion project.

My initial thought was to make a wooden beaded necktie necklace, but I changed my mind, and thought it would make a nice brooch instead.

 :: before ::

:: during ::

:: after ::
:: Upcycled Givenchy Necktie Flower Brooch ::

I've written a more detailed tutorial over on my blog for anyone that would like to give it a go, its really easy and takes less than half an hour.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Carissa said...

Cute!

Unknown said...

So creative. I like it. realtor marketing

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

This is so cute. I am going to give it a go.

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I love it! :)