Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, November 29, 2013

Begone Vile Tiered Skirt

I have a few gypsy tiered skirts loitering with intent in my wardrobe. I liked the material but feel my ample hips and bottom are not a flattering fit for these types of skirt. Thirty seconds later, two snips and a try on, and I have a new shorter dress, cowl necked, no less and add a terrific thrifted belt. The shoulders fit nicely and it just shocked the heck out of me, that the frock actually worked.

All I did was cut two half moon shapes out of the skirt as shown,for the armholes, just a fee inches from the waist of the gypsy skirt and it's done. I am too lazy to hem the armholes, you might not be.

Please follow me or pay me a visit at TASMANIAN MINIMALIST

Thank you.


Amy Jo said...

I want to see an "after" photo of it! Pretty Please?

Refashion said...

This looks like a really good make...but I would love to see an after picture too.
Debbie EOD