Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Blouse with decorative buttons

A friend of mine gave me a lot of her old clothes. Among them this dress.One of the side seams had ripped, and it had a few small holes. 

I sewed up the seam and mended the holes. Then I added black buttons (that matched the buttons at the side) to cover the stitching.

No before picture, but it looked like in the after photo, just without the buttons.

I realised that I would never wear it as it was, so I shortened it to become a blouse. I love it now.


Sandy said...

Really love the buttons on the side seam idea!
it does look much better as a blouse.
Sandy in the UK

April Rogers-Krick said...

Really cute and I agree much better as a blouse. Great job.