Thursday, November 21, 2013

One Pattern Many Looks Part 6




Hi Everyone

.This is finally the ever elusive next installment of my series. This one has given me quite a "Run for my money." Here is the before, a linen and lace skirt in great shape, as it has never even had the tags removed. Being a size XL,  it is way too big and being held up on the form with pins in the back. 

BEFORE:

IMG_0265
AFTER: 

Well here is part 6 in all of its glory! I finally got those pictures taken, as much as it pained my #2 son to see his mom trying to model. Ha! Ha!

.

2013-11-20 08.02.16

See the entire tutorial here.

'Til later,

Mary

9 comments:

Carissa said...

This is fantastic! And I think I've got just the skirt to try it my own version.

Lovenicky said...

Oh so awesome! This is so inspirational. Thanks for the idea.

Feeling Kinda Thirfty said...

Wow! This turned out great! I love the diagonal finish.

Sandy said...

Great idea.I really like the sleeves/shoulder finishes. Interesting.
Sandy in the UK

Magda said...

Fantastic! It was a great change!

Unknown said...

Wow! I love this!

IWOM said...

Asymmetry is always a little tricky for me -- too much is too much but too little looks like a cutting or sewing error! I think you got the balance (so to speak) just right.

IWOM: EOD

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! I did struggle with this one a bunch. I almost gave up many times but I do think I finally got it right! I think my next step is to dye it a more interesting color.
Indigo blue?

Heather said...

This is just beautiful.