Friday, November 15, 2013

Refashioned White Blouse-Beginner Project


Hi Everyone!

.Oh! The perils of being in my fifties... (did I just admit that?) I am determined to make my fifties fabulously fashionable but...there are times I need a little help. I try to eat right and visit they gym as often as I can, but sometimes little surprises can sneak up on you. Some of these, "surprises" are not so good...like a waistline that seems to suddenly disappear on you overnight. You start wondering...can I blame it on the washer and dryer? Did I shrink my clothes?

.Meet the mysterious shrinking blouse. (yeah right! Have some more chocolate cake Mary!!!) Still, it needed help. I could not button it without showing my burgeoning middle aged waistline.  Here is the front and back before.

2013-11-09 13.35.592013-11-09 13.44.06

.

Here is the back after the refashion.

2013-11-11 09.45.40
 
 
 How did I do it?  Well,  it involved some old place mats and a little bit of time.
See the entire tutorial here!
'til next time....
Mary

.

 

7 comments:

Annas Salons said...

Great! I like your "refashioning" very much, and your text is really entertaining.
best regards from
Anna

Unknown said...

Thank you Anna,

I was determined not to throw this blouse away and it was an easy fix!

Sandy said...

oh, that is very cool! Love the look.
Sandy in the UK

April Rogers-Krick said...

I love it. A beautiful refashion.

Unknown said...

This is different - lovely idea!!! xxx

Unknown said...

Thanks to you all!

Refashion said...

The shirt looks fab - I love the placement of the lace.

Debbie
EOD