Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

scarves from offcuts

I've been very busy making non clothing things and cards for Christmas, so although I have a couple of refashioning projects on the go, I've not had time to finish them. Also I find that I prefer to work in natural daylight, and we don't have as much of that at the mo'.

However, I thought I would just show you these scarves. The fabrics were just offcuts of jersey left over from shortening hem projects, about 2 metres x 350mm. They had been thrown into the scrap bag. Then when I was searching for some other fabric, I pulled them out. Because they are jersey, they had rolled up with the long raw edges tucked inside. So I just wrapped one round my neck over a plain t shirt, didn't need any other stitching at all.

When I get fed up with them, I'll make some brooches from the fabric.

The black one is actually striped with silver, so will enhance my Christmas wardrobe!

No comments: