Tuesday, November 05, 2013

SHIRT REFASHION: adding just a little lace

MY BLACK ZIPPER SHIRT
MY BLACK ZIPPER SHIRT

I have too many clothes. I can’t remember the last time I wore my black zipper shirt (I added the zipper), but I finally found it after completing a huge load of laundry one weekend. I was pretty excited to find it (and it was clean!) because I wanted to add a little bit of lace near the zipper area. A few months ago, I had found 8 yards of pretty lace on clearance for $1!

99 CENTS FOR ALL THIS LACE!
MY SPOOL OF LACE FOR 99 CENTS!

During one of my tutorial readings, one blogger refashioned a simple T-shirt by simply adding lace down the middle of the shirt. Beautiful. I’m pretty sure I could add lace down the middle of a shirt. I figured I would save myself some choice swear words if I didn’t use the sewing machine, and I felt I could do a much better job with a needle and thread anyway.

ADDING LACE
ADDING LACE BY HAND

I aligned the lace near the zipper and added an inch or two before cutting two separate strips. I pinned each lace strip near the zipper, and I decided to hand stitch the lace to the shirt. Other than having a needy little kitty continuously butt her head against my arm and hand for attention, sewing lace onto the shirt was a simple task. And I absolutely love the end result, adding some jazz to a boring black shirt.

MY REFASHIONED SHIRT WITH AN ADDED ZIPPER AND LACE
YAY! A NEW CUTE SHIRT!

Because the refashion was pretty simple and I really love the result, I’m tempted to add lace all the way down the front of another shirt instead of cutting it off at the end of the zipper. And maybe — just maybe — I’ll use the sewing machine to complete that project. Until I start that project, I’ll be on the interweb searching for more project ideas involving just a little lace.

For more details about me, my blog, and this post, click here.

Jennifer Elliott

For more details about me, my blog, and this post, click - See more at: http://refashionco-op.blogspot.com/search/label/jenniferelliott14#sthash.Xf3ym1Nu.dpuf

For more details about me, my blog, and this post, click here.

Jennifer Elliott - See more at: http://refashionco-op.blogspot.com/search/label/jenniferelliott14#sthash.Xf3ym1Nu.dpuf

1 comment:

Adele said...

That's really cute. Great job.

Adele - EOD