Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, December 02, 2013

A Sweater Tattoo

This is a perfectly lovely sweater, and a great contrast color for when I interpret.
With a little surprise in the back!
This is a “reverse applique” technique on this little heart.  I pinned a square of pretty fabric to the inside of the sweater, making sure it was larger than the heart.
I used permanent marker to draw the heart shape on the shoulder.  No turning back now!
I sewed a straight stitch on the line, then carefully cut out the center of the heart.  One more time around the shape with a zigzag stitch just to be sure it’s not going  anywhere.

This isn't so much of a "refashion", but more of a quick little change that makes me happy!

Amy Jo at The Little Moments

1 comment:

Adele said...

I really like this sweet little refashion.

Adele - EOD