Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, December 09, 2013

Cobalt Dress into Tank and Scarf

I got this dress about half-way through my weight loss last year. I loved how its jersey fabric hugged my ever-shrinking curves, but the loose ruffly tiers still hid any not-so-flattering bulges. Fast forward to today, and it clearly does more hanging than hugging.

Cobalt Blue Dress into Tank and Scarf

I chopped the skirt off after removing the ruffles that were in the way, and I took up the shoulder a few inches to fix the gaping armholes. And my new tank top is just perfect! ...or will be when it's warm enough to wear a tank top.

Cobalt Blue Dress into Tank and Scarf

And with the leftover skirt part, I cut strips and stretched them out to make a scarf necklace. I used the bits cut from the shoulder straps to encase the ends of my strips.

Cobalt Blue Dress into Tank and Scarf

Cobalt Blue Dress into Tank and Scarf - Before & After


jennifer elliott said...

Has anyone told you how amazing you are? You are amazing! I love your refashions and wish had your skills and motivation!

Amy Jo said...

Wow. That tank top is gorgeous! I love all the diagonal ruffle details. Great job!

Mezzy M said...

Great refashion and I love the vibrant scarf necklace.

Eddie Roued said...

Lovely refashion :-)
And I adore how you have put the before and after images together.