Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Refashions

Happy Holidays!
Jen here from the Diary of a MadMama blog.

I wanted to show you some of the gifts I've been refashioning lately.

I have a huge stash of wool sweaters that's taking up entirely too much space in my house, so what better way to declutter, than to transform the sweaters into Christmas gifts?

I used some cashmere and angora (rabbit hair) sweaters to make this super soft, winter infinity scarf...

Winter infinity scarf tutorial | Diary of a MadMama

This festive sweater worked perfectly as a new Christmas stocking...

Felted Wool Christmas Stocking Tutorial | Diary of a MadMama

My daughter grew out of her old hat that I made her, so I decided to make her a new one in her favorite color...

How to make a ski cap from felted wool sweaters | Diary of a MadMama

...while I was at it, I made a bunch more...

How to make a ski cap from felted wool sweaters | Diary of a MadMama

We donated the extra hats to a local women and children's homeless shelter.
My kids are really enjoying giving this year. It's really making the holidays more enjoyable to see them getting into the holiday spirit.

I hope you have a fantastic holiday season too!

a.k.a The MadMama

1 comment:

Adele said...

Very cute. I love it all, especially the hats. Lovely.

Adele - EOD