Sunday, December 08, 2013

Hello Kitty Denim Jacket


My little granddaughter loves anything to do with kittens.  So its only natural that she would also love anything to do with Hello Kitty.  Christmas came early this year due to a Thanksgiving visit from the grandkids instead of a Christmas visit (due to baby sister who is due around Christmastime.)  We'll miss them at Christmas, but we had lots of fun with them this past week!

I try to make as many gifts as possible each year.  I looked at Hello Kitty denim jackets in the stores and figured with a price tag of $25-$35, this would be a good handmade gift...or at least a refashioned gift!

I started with a thrifted denim jacket and Hello Kitty tank top.  Both were in excellent condition and only set me back a total of $5.



And this is what I ended up with after appliqueing the front of the t-shirt to the back, and appliqueing the t-shirt label to the front.





You can see the step-by-step tutorial on my blog, Second Chances by Susan.

Happy Holidays!



2 comments:

Andrea said...

This is seriously cute! My niece loves Hello Kitty and I'm sure, would love this jacket :) Much better than the store-bought versions as it is one of a kind! (and cheaper doesn't hurt either) May have to copycat this one.

Carissa said...

What a fabulous way to customize a basic garment! And your granddaughter looks like she appreciated it a lot. Congrats on the grandbaby-to-come!

Carissa
EOD