Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, December 06, 2013

Hi Everyone!

.I hope you have all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. I have been in a cleaning and cooking frenzy this week so my regular posting schedule has been interrupted. Next week I hope to be back on track! Today I am offering up a quick little jewelry refashion from my own jewelry box. Below you see a much loved pair of earrings. Tragically, if you look to the left, you can see that this earring is missing a stone :(

2013-11-24 11.26.43

No one else would notice the missing stone but I did.

2013-11-24 11.28.49

This pair of boring hoops needed a little spicing up so...

2013-11-24 11.31.23

I took the broken earring apart and used some of the dangles for the hoops. Then I made the good earring into a necklace.

2013-11-24 11.40.58   

Have broken earrings?  Don't throw them out...give them new life!  See the entire post here.




Andrea said...

Very resourceful! I like that you were able to make a matching set.

Andrea EOD

Amy Jo said...

I would be one of those people who never noticed the missing stone, BUT, I think the way you turned the pair of earings into a jewelry set is really cool! Great idea!

April Rogers-Krick said...

Very pretty. I love the color and the fact you turned a pair of earrings into a set.

Rachel Kerstetter said...

I love this, you ended up with a cute set!