Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, December 02, 2013

Cobalt Tank Top

I've been seeing a lot of this beautiful cobalt blue these days. Blue has always been one of my favorite colors. I am so ready to jump on this bandwagon! I picked up this super-sexy polyester blouse a few months back.

Blue Zebra Top

One cuff was missing a button, and the other cuff was missing entirely. Add to that some pretty rockin' shoulder pads and a zebra-stripe-esque tone-on-tone texture that is as close as I get to wearing animal print.

Blue Zebra Top

I decided to go with the old stand-by - Sorbetto - or rather, my lazy pattern-less version of the tank top, which I could probably make in my sleep by now I've made so many. It's just such a versatile garment. It can be paired with almost anything to completely change the look. The construction is simple, but fabric choices and little details can go a long way.

Blue Zebra TopBlue Zebra TopBlue Zebra Top

Feel free to pop over to CarissaKnits for more info on this project!


Refashion said...

The tank top looks very cute.:)

Debbie EOD

Amy Jo said...

Wow... Nice job finding such an unloved blouse and making it lovely!

cookiecrumbs said...

good job! That's a beautiful colour.