Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Need some ideas please - Maternity Coat

Hi there! I need some ideas on how to refashion this coat. I made this  a few years ago to accommodate my bulging belly. It was well worn and loved through my 2 pregnancies. I just can't bear to give it away! It's made with a good weight wool coating and the lining is a nice purple quilted, batted polyester. . Unfortunately I have enough winter coats already so I don't want to make another coat for myself out of this.

What do you think? What would you do with this coat?


luv2sew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
luv2sew said...

I would do a dress. Maybe something like this Michael Kors number:

luv2sew said...

You could also do something vintage-inspired like this:

The buttons could go down the back ofnthe bodice.

Andrea said...

Hmm, I totally see a cape (and keep the hood!). The shape wouldn't have to be changed too much and you'd probably have lots of leftovers to use for another refashion!

IWOM said...

Dunno. I kind like the classy Jawa look!

My first refashion question to myself is always: what do I need? It looks like you have enough fabric for a jacket or skirt or vest/waistcoat -- possibly all three!


Lovenicky said...

Thank you all for your comments! I'm still not 100% sure of what garments I need. Perhaps I should just diassemble the whole thing and store it for future projects.