I've been totally slacking, lately. First, I think I broke the sewing machine at my parents' house (probably not). Then, I recently opened an Etsy shop! That means before I start cutting and stitching an item that's too big for me, I consider if the dress is too valuable to risk ruining it with my uh..."talent."
I've actually got a bunch of dresses that I started refashioning for my own use and failed to finish (for any number of reasons.) I've got them pinned and sitting in this pile just waiting to be completed. And then, a Christmas miracle...
A new sewing machine with my name on it under the tree! Which is actually not a miracle. I expressed interest in owning one and my wonderful family purchased one for me. Thank you, family!
It's out of the box and on top of an old vanity, that's step one. Step two will be threading it up and hoping I can make it work. Baby steps...I still have three days left until school starts. Until I get started, here are some "before" pics of the works in progress. Think of this post as a tease and the big reveal comes later.
I'm not sure why I even bought this one, but I guess I wanted a challenge. With the amount of material that I removed from the top I could make a nice king size duvet or something.
Wish me luck, Refashioners!
-Erica 4EverMoody from Craft, Thrift, or Die