Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, January 04, 2014

Cashmere hat (from a jumper!)

I'll admit it.  I don't always read the washing labels.  Normally it isn't a problem.

Except on one occasion when I put a gorgeous cashmere jumper in the normal wash.  Needless to say, it shrank.  Lots.

So I decided to make a hat out of it instead.

Using the jumper ribbing for the base of the hat, I added a 'felted' flower and a bit of sparkle.

What do you think?

More photos and details of this and other refashions can be found on my blog:

Happy refashioning everyone!


Helen Le Caplain said...

Such a shame that your jumper bit the dust but what a gorgeous hat you've now got!

Teresa Gardner said...

I love the way it turned out-nice job. If I had extra, I would make wrist warmers to match-but I love wrist warmers-so that is just me.

April Rogers-Krick said...

Love hoe pretty it is. I haunt thrift stores for cashmere to make in to wrist warmers and hats. Sorry about the jumper though.

Elizabeth Hill said...

I lost a sweater to regular washing last year. If only I had turned it into a hat! Great job!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus