Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, January 27, 2014

DIY infinity scarf & beany out of a pullover!

Infinity scarf out of a pullover

Infinity scarf worn as a beany!
Hi friends!
Except my passion for rings and necklaces I also love scarfs in various colors and textures. As I was browsing my closet I found an old knitted blouse and decided to transform it into an infinity scarf and beany. With only one pair of scissors and a few stitches you can make it too! 
So let's start.
Photo 1
You will need :
1) an old knitwear (preferably a pullover)
2) a pair of scissors
3) a sewing machine
Photo 2 
Place your knitted blouse on a straight surface and cut down the sleeves.

Photo 3
Now take the remaining piece (body part) and let's go sewing it. 

Photo 4-5
Adjust your sewing machine to zig zag mode and sew 1cm the hem. 
That's it! You have all-in-one scarf & beany ready to wear and you have re-used your old knitwear, too! 
Enjoy it!


Refashion said...

Thank you for the easy-to follow tutorial and pictures. The infinity scarf and beany hat look great.

Debbie EOD

Andrea said...

I'd love to see how you wrap it to wear as a beanie! I'm gonna practice and see if I can work it out :) Great job!

cfortin said...

Very nice. Love those quite projects that turn out so well.

Cindy @ Upcycled Design Lab

Jennifer Elliott said...

The infinity scarf and beanie are super cute and can be worn with so many things. I love it!

Tailor Spy said...

Thank you girls!