Friday, January 24, 2014

Green Granny Silk

Oh yeah! It's another granny silk top that I found at my local thrift store several months back that makes a complete 180 and may now be my favorite top. I know!!! I just love it :)

Ok, here's where I started. Cue the boxy "old lady" silk top in a lovely green (my favorite color):
When I use the phrase "old lady" I'm only referring to a style, not an age group :-)
It's really quite bad...my son even described its very large sleeves as bat wings (who knew he had so much fashion sense?). It's a size 14 (I believe) and in perfect shape...errr, well, condition, aside from the fact that it needs a good pressing. What does need to change is the shape; too boxy, too big, but it has potential.

So, I got to slimming things down: the sleeves, the body, and the cuffs!

Here's how the reshaping turned out! (Oh, and I did iron this one, which makes such a difference):

I absolutely love the new slimmer sleeves that just skim my wrists and the slight A-line changed the boxy shape into a flattering blouse! Bound to be one of my go-to tops for the spring <3

And one last look at the before and after:
Love it!
Hope this inspires you to take a second look at those granny tops when you're out thrifting! I'm addicted to a good granny refashion :) Check out the steps for this refashion and some styling for my new top here.

Peace,
Andrea

5 comments:

Huli said...

Love it! Simple refashions are often my favourites too!x

Corina said...

Pretty! Great job.

Andrea said...

Thanks Huli and Geminae!
<3

Unknown said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, old lady clothes make the best refashions! Excellent work, as always.

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Jennifer Elliott said...

I love it! Much more flattering, and I can see why it will be your go-to shirt to pair with jeans, skirts, etc. Great job!