Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Reindeer Sweater Cardigan to V-neck Sweater

This is a super easy refashion. This polar vortex here is forcing me to refashion all winter clothes.
This sweater's buttons instantly fell off as soon as I put on the cardigan. Like poof! Drop, Drop! I didn't like the buttons and it was too long to fit over my hips without strain. So I decided I needed to shorten the sweater, which simply I folded the band up from the bottom and sewed across. Then to turn into into a v-neck by sewing the middle bands on top of each other and then sewed a long rectangle. All of the buttons came off. Here is my finished product!

The comparison
For more of this refashion click here. I love my new sweater! This is my 7th refashion for this year, I have a 99 refashion challenge and now I have 92 left! LOL.



Helen Wong said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
IWOM said...

Those weird toggle buttons didn't do anything for the sweater anyway, did they?


Elizabeth Hill said...


- Elizabeth
aka The Hungry Octopus

Jennifer Elliott said...

Good luck with your refashion goal! I love love love the "after" sweater! I would wear it everyday.