Saturday, January 18, 2014

Ruffles, Ruffles Everywhere

WP_20130926_001I made a bag out of a ruffled skirt from the thrift store.  It was pretty easy, as the ruffles were already constructed.
The color combination really caught my attention;  I bet you would have stopped in your tracks too!  I can’t imagine putting an outfit together with that skirt, and I guess that’s why it was donated in the first place.   So, I decided to turn it into a bag for a friend.  I straightened the edges so it was more of a rectangle shape than the original A-line skirt.  Using some blue Asian like fabric from my stash I added three interior pockets and a nice thick strap so it can be worn across the chest.
WP_20130921_009
WP_20130921_008
I originally planned to use the heat and bond adhesive on the pockets, but it didn’t hold up well, so I ended up sewing the pockets down being really careful that the ruffles on the underside were laying flat.
My friend loves it and gets compliments on it every time she goes out.  Yah!
Love,
Amy Jo at The Little Moments

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have a great eye for patterns and color! Those fabrics are beautiful. Great job!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus