Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

White Lace

Happy Hump Day! And hope you are all refashioning!

I found this white linen sweater and a couple of yards of white stretch lace fabric on different thrifting trips sometime last year. I spent no more than $2 on the lace (I have a limit on what I'll pay for fabric depending on size) and I could have spent up to $4 on the sweater but probably less if it was a half-off day.
White sweater meets white lace!
I started by making the lace into an extra long loop of lace trim (several inches wide). I then reworked the neckline and the hem of the sweater before gathering up my lace and attaching it to the new asymmetrical hem! Here's how it came out:
And here's all the lacey goodness!

I can wear it this way too!
Loooooove a low back!
I love how this one turned out and again, though it is not totally my style, I think it is so incredibly pretty! Hop on over to my blog to check out the step-by-step :)

Here's one final look at the before and after:



Adele said...

That is so pretty, I love the lacey bottom!

Adele - EOD said...

That's really nice!

Andrea said...

Thanks Adele and Letgo!

Irma said...

Beautiful, really beautiful !!!
Irma from Italy

Andrea said...

Thank you so much Irma from Italy :-) I appreciate it!

Jennifer Elliott said...

I love it! Great job!