Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, February 17, 2014

A Basic & A Bonus No-Sew Refashion!

Today's refashions are a mixture of summer and winter (does that mean they'll be perfect for spring and fall?). I started out with this sweatshirt that I'd thrifted this past fall. I grabbed it and bought it without trying it on because I knew that it would fit and it looked comfy. But then I put it on...

Can we say preppy, much? A little too much for me ;). So, it sat and sat until I could decide on what to do with it. I've been browsing my refashion ideas on Pinterest and seeing a low-backed fitted t-shirt gave me an idea. I started by unpicking the collar, then cutting away the "front" of the sweater and a part of the "back" neckline. Yep, I'll be turning this backwards...go figure! 

After some hacking and piecing together, here's what I came up with:

I decided to try out some different styling options to dress this basic up, and here's a few of those looks:

Wanna know what the bonus no-sew refashion piece is from these outfits? Hop on over to my blog to check out the full rundown!


Gema Ensenat said...

Love that..! I saw something in Pineapple Studios ages ago that had that feel - it looks so designer... will definitely be trying that out!

Jennifer Elliott said...

I love the sweatshirt with the two skirts! Looks comfy but adds an element of class to the outfit. I love it!

christinadesignsart said...

Love it. Nice job

Andrea said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments :) Love this group!

cfortin said...

Very pretty new neckline.

Cindy - EOD