Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, February 02, 2014

Cranberry Ensemble

This skirt was bought at a thrift shop and hung in my refashion pile for 2 years. It was a basic circle skirt that had too much fabric for my liking

I also had this top that I never wore because the neckline needed fixing. So I just cut below the armpits and was left with basically a tube

Final outfit. I sewed the sides of the skirt for an A- line silhouette. I also dropped the waistband using this technique , (I was able to keep the original hem intact). I  then used the tube as a scarf.  I pinned it to the front of the sweater for a cowl neck effect. I wanted the option of using the 'scarf' with other outfits.


Elizabeth Hill said...

I really like how you repurposed the red tank top to make a cowl neck for the other top. Great color too!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Jennifer Elliott said...

I love cowl neck shirts or sweaters.