Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dress Decorating! Birds and Buttons

I tend to pick up a lot of simple, solid colored items with the intent of adding to them or because I like to own versatile items that can be styled a number of ways. This black midi length was a little big, but I could see it had a great shape. It was a blank canvas.
I didn't intentionally pose to look I'm a total downer. "I'm all slouching and bummed because my dress is boring!" is what I'm apparently trying to say with this picture. In my last refashion, I used a black and aqua striped belt to brighten up an outfit. Out of the proverbial tons of belts that I've amassed, I must really like that one because I used it again.
More of the same from me! I aim for retro pin up style that's also appropriate for kindergarten. I hope that when February vacation is done, my 5 and 6 year olds like my birds and buttons dress.
Relive the process here on my blog, Craft, Thrift, or Die!


jennifer elliott said...

For Portlandia fans: put a bird on it! I love all the additions to the dress. Great job!

IWOM said...

You will, of course, need to be down at eye level --unless you have very tall students!

I remember my Mom saying that when she taught kindergarten she always wore brightly coloured and patterned socks!