Monday, February 17, 2014

Dye job

My mom recently observed that none of my refashions involve bright colors. Most are gray, black, or blue. I guess she has a point. Even when my clothes don't start out with one of those colors, I tend to dye them one of those colors. Oh well, at least I know what works for me! In this case, I took two pieces that weren't working and dyed them with RIT Denim Blue, with mixed results.

The boring khaki skirt turned a lovely sort of faded violet with the dye. A quick hem job was the only other thing it needed to be ready for spring, should spring ever arrive.


The pink-and-white plaid shirt didn't turn out quite as lovely. I was hoping for a blue background with purple stripes. Instead, I got a purple background with reddish stripes. I still think it is an improvement, though. 


Since it is still snowing very steadily, I think I will try to sneak in one more winter refashion. Then, I promise, I will try to get in more colors for spring, Mom.

Thanks for reading!

-Amy

2 comments:

Jennifer Elliott said...

Kudos for even having the guts to work with dye. I'm still too chicken. Although I have been thinking about working with a bleach pen on some plain tees ... hmmmmmmm.

cfort82 said...

I like the way your top turned out. I am kind of a black gray and beige/brown person myself. :-)

Cindy - EOD