Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, February 07, 2014

Goodbye Hip Ruffles

I bought this top at a boot sale. It fits me and I like the color, but holey moley that is a lot of ruffles on my hips. Plus, there is white stuff (paint?) on some of the ruffles.

I like tunic-length tops and I don't own many, so I took apart all the seams that contained ruffles and re-attached the flat panels (that you can't see because they are covered by ruffles). Here is the finished product:


Sandy said...

yes, much better!
Sandy in the UK

Andrea said...

I agree, much better :) This is a change I would have made as well, as the ruffles just come across as very trendy (and might I venture to say, immature?) Really like the after!

Andrea EOD

Jennifer Elliott said...

As much as I love ruffles, I love the top much better without them. Great job.