Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Lost the smock

My grandmother gave me this shirt of hers. It is a very nice soft silky viscose (rayon) fabric
(It is completely black, don't know what is happening with Bloggers uploading tool here).

But the neckline!

I removed all but 1 cm of the smock.
Took the shirt in slightly at the sides.
And made a single pleat at the center back to gather and raise the neckline.

I really really like it now, an instant wardrobe favourite.

More pictures, more refashions and more creative projects at:


Marie Cheek said...

I really like the change. It turned out to be a very cute shirt and you wear it well.

Marie Cheek said...

Sorry I didn't realize that if I punched the button more than once while waiting for comment to go through that it would post the comment so many times. I deleted the extra ones but the still showed up.

ChiChi Loves said...

Yes, changing the neckline modernized the blouse a lot. I like the results.

Jennifer Elliott said...

The shirt looks so much better after changing the neckline. I can see why the shirt would be one of the first to grab in the morning. Great job!

Jennifer Elliott said...

P.S. I love the pink skirt. Very cute!

Carissa said...

Wow! The smocking made it feel a little old-fashioned, a little night-gown-y, but not anymore! It's amazing what a few tweaks can do!