Sunday, February 02, 2014

Make it Nautical:take two

I shared a preview of  this dress back in December: 
That's a thrift store 80s dress that's too big. I like the shiny gold collar and I thought it had potential to be a fun, nautical dress. Here's what I came up with a few weeks ago:
 The rundown is on my blog. It's ok...but I wanted to keep trying. I refashioned my refashion. Here's the latest incarnation:
Here's the details on this redo: Make this Nautical and Pin-up Style: take two. By the way, I almost always do these cheesy, self timer photo shoots at night when I have to use artificial lighting and I look exhausted. Therefore, I always retouch by adding a filter to my pics (I want you to think I'm pretty!) 
I wish I had more snow days. I just want to make retro dresses all the time. See you soon, I'm sure.


3 comments:

Carissa said...

The red belt and shoes really make it pop! Nice job!

-Carissa
EOD

Unknown said...

Way to go seeing the potential in what was originally an uninspiring dress! I really like the way you used red.

- Elizabeth
aka The Hungry Octopus

Huli said...

really adore this!