Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, February 07, 2014

Patchwork Jersey Maxi Skirt

I I don't have the long list of photos to accompany this one, but the finished product is pretty sweet. 
Doggy Bombed- also, too lazy to retake.

All I did was pull out some similarly color-schemed shirts and cut the bottoms off near the arm pit area. Then I opened them up into a long strip and sewed them together. They weren't wide enough around to make a whole skirt, so I cut it in half and and cut two strips of the same size from a large chunk of jersey material I found at a thrift store. Sewed em together, made a casing, and fed in some elastic. Also awesome was the fact that the elastic had been bought in a bag full of elastics from a thrift store as well and I was able to piece together two similarly sized pieces to use here. Woohoo!
Update: I've worn it now and it is SUPER comfortable but I think I'm going to stitch down the casing to the elastic, as the elastic turns inside of it and it would make it more put together looking.

No comments: