Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, February 17, 2014

Re-using adult clothes into kid's clothes

Hello, Magda E. from House of Estrela here today. 
I still have a couple of refashions to share from last month. Refashioning adult clothes into kids clothes is what I do most. Not because it is easy, but because it is the most pratical thing to do. I have a lot of clothes, and kids grow out of their pretty soon. 
This time, I have something to share that I have refashioned for my niece. 
I took a cardigan (or try on doing one many years ago, that failed and kept there waiting for a use) of mine and resized it to fit my niece. 

I also grabbed a pair of women's shorts, totally deconstructed it to get use of the fabric and sewn her a new pair of skinny jeans (shorts actually).

read all about it HERE.


Jennifer Elliott said...

You have way more patience than I do! Great job on refashioning the two pieces that will gain a few more years of wear and tear.

cfortin said...

Kudos to you for making two garments so re-wearable.

Cindy - EOD