Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, February 07, 2014

Rosey Spring Skirt

I'm back! I know- you missed me....

This refashion only took me about 30 minutes, and only that long because my bobbin thread broke. I started with this super cute, airy, teacher skirt: 

It's a bit dowdy in the length department for I started out by measuring down the skirt 17 inches, 18 in the back because there is a bit of junk in this trunk.
I pinned intermittently:
Then I cut a bit below each pin and shortened the skirt. From there I made a rolled hem all the way across. (Somehow I am terrible at rolled hems....does anyone have a trick for that?
Anyway, I ended up with this cute little thing! Can't wait to wear it!

Until next time: 


Lovely-Vintage-Doll said...

Hello !
I love you refashion .
You are talented .
Love this skirt !

Kazza said...

Love quick and easy refashions like this. Thank you for sharing. And yes, I have never been able to master a rolled hem. All I know is it rolls out of the foot part that's meant to roll it and causes me angst. Any tips would be appreciated by me too.

Andrea said...

Such a cute skirt refashion :) I love this floral and love how it came out!

Andrea EOD

Quick note: you labeled this as skirt, but didn't label it with your Sustainabot label, so I've done so for you :) In future, just use that and no other labels as that whole feature is currently under revision. Thanks!

Jennifer Elliott said...

The skirt is cuter and flirty with the new hem! I love it!