Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, February 10, 2014

The T-shirt refashion project - Week 1

I prefer to think of myself as an artist, when it comes to refashion. My method is usually to have the piece of clothing, that I want to refashion, lying around until I get struck by inspiration and magically make something in a frenzy of creativity and flying buttons.

But I would like to refashion as a crafts(wo)man too. So I decided to challenge myself:  10 T-shirts, 10 weeks, 10 refashions, each with a predecided theme.I am not a T-shirt person. I don't like many of the typical T-shirt refashion ideas like cutouts, frills and braids either. And all 10 are slimline T-shirts, so I don't even have a lot of fabric to work with (more is always better).
I made things hard for myself.
I intented to start at the beginning of january...........

Some friends of mine admired my refashions, but said that they couldn't do the same. I decided to show them how to refashion (with tutorials), and it was just what I needed to get started on my project.

The T-shirt refashion project

As I started the first refashion, the reality of what I was doing, struck me in all its scariness: When I don't spend ages figuring out what will be perfect to do with a piece of clothing, but rather try something out, copy something else or just go with a random idea, the final project might not be over the moon awesome and make everyone applaud me. It might not be....Perfect. Oh nooooo! Panic!
And then I calmed down and went to work ;).

Slimline pale blue T-shirt and a black stretch lace blouse.


Tutorial (in Danish, but with lots of pictures, so it should be easy enough to follow):


Minnado said...

The lace and tee looks great - thanks for sharing

Debbie EOD

Clare said...

so pretty!

Clare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.