Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Sweater

Happy Valentine's Day!

Wanna see how you can update a basic sweater into something special with a little appliqué? I started out with this cozy cotton/cashmere thrifted sweater that I got for $2.50 at my local thrift.
Gotta love the jammies :)
I fixed a button, shaved off some pilling, but otherwise kept the sweater as it was...except for the back! I added some hearts in graduating sizes to take this from basic to a little something special.

The perfect kind of cozy sweater for a "snow day" Valentine's Day spent at home <3 Or, for any fall/winter day, for that matter. If you want to see how I did it, hop on over here.

Here's the final before and after shot:



La La Lauren!!! said...

Omg this is adorable. Love it!

Jennifer Elliott said...

Love it! I love the hearts.

Andrea said...

Thanks ladies :)

Andrea EOD