Saturday, March 08, 2014

A Polyester Dyeing Adventure

So I got this tank with adorable black bow velvet flocking and I had the intention of dyeing it. Only to discover that the tank was polyester. So I snagged some iDye polyester. Only problem was that the dye instructions called for boiling water, and the washing instructions for the flocked velvet call for cold water washing only. So I tossed the shirt in luke warm dye. 


It got some tint of purple. The dye in some parts was richer than other parts. Maybe I'll throw the shirt in another lukewarm bath (slightly warmer this time) and see what happens. 


Thanks for looking, 
Marisa


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the light purple! Polyester can be tricky to dye, but I kind of like the mystery of not quite knowing what will happen. Be sure to let us know how the second dye comes out!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Jennifer Elliott said...

You're still so much braver than me because I am too much of pansy to even try dye. I like the pale color though.