Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, March 31, 2014

Black Silk Tent: Refashion #3

So, I decided my Monday morning would be well spent finishing off the refashion of this leftover pant leg. I started out by ripping open the seam (my neckline) to create a V.

I followed this by trimming up the 'straps', finishing everything off and taking in the sides a bit. And now I've got a nice casual silk tank.

I still had the waistband from the original pants laying around, so I closed up the bottom edge and buttoned it around my waist for a much more figure-flattering look...this is my favorite.

And here's the before and after:

Wanna see the full progression these pants took? Take a look! I love that I got 3 new pieces for $4 :).

For the full story on this final refashion, come check it out over at Little Did You Know!



Sandy said...

Oh I love this look. Especially with the belt.
Sandy in the UK

cfortin said...

Very pretty top Andrea.

Cindy - Upcycled Design Lab

jenny_o said...

Another lovely piece. It could go fancy-dress, no problem!