Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, March 17, 2014

Bleached Denim, Striped Jersey, & Green Fleece

A couple weeks ago, I tried my first ever experiment in bleaching! I would've been nervous if it weren't for the fact that I paid $0 for this 1980s striped denim jacket. It took three and a half days in the bleach bath, but I finally had the result I was hoping for.

Bleached Denim Jacket - Before & After

But wait, there's more! I couldn't refashion an outfit that didn't include some sewing, so I grabbed this huge $3 thrifted jersey dress from Goodwill, and turned it into a comfy maxi skirt.

Striped Maxi Skirt - Before & After

More details on these refashions can be found at CarissaKnits.

Lastly, although it's not a refashion technically, I used some green fleece from Joann's remnant bin and some scraps of foam leftover from repadding/recovering my dining chairs, and I made a cute little crate mattress for our puppy! See how here!

Fleece Dog Bed


cucicucicoo: ecological living said...

What a cute outfit! I love the two pieces together. What luck to find such a huge dress with so much fabric to use! And how sweet is your puppy?! :) Lisa

Refashion said...

Great outfits - but I just cannot get over how huge that jersey dress was! It is enormous!!

Debbie EOD

Jennifer Elliott said...

I love your puppy! So cute and adorable! I bet he loves having a warm mattress.

I love your new maxi skirt. Great job.