Sunday, March 23, 2014

Border Print Maxi Dress to Work Ready Top




Hi Everyone!

.I have not had much free time this last week so that is why my post is a bit tardy. Not to fear though, I have an offering for you now. This beautiful maxi (see below) might have been just the thing in my twenties and early thirties, but I don't wear a bikini top ANYTHING these days. I am all for a cute dress, but I do like more of a sleeve and a less revealing neckline. Besides, I spend the majority of my week at work and I need tons of cute top choices for jeans.


IMG_1003

Here is the after...

This style is totally work appropriate, jean friendly, and simple. Remember, I am not one for fussy details. In this case the print does all of the talking and fussy details are not necessary. I am also a border print junkie so this print is me all the way!

IMG_1075

 


 I can also see this styled with sandals and capri pants for summer. What do you think?

IMG_1038

 I would love to hear your thoughts.

You can see the entire tutorial with great tips on working with border prints here.


'Til later,

Love Ya,
Mary
















8 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I love it! You're so amazing! I love everything about the tunic from the print to the sleeves to the border. Fantastic job!

golden star said...

Fabulous!

Boca said...

Looks great!

Carissa said...

This top turned out so cute, and way more wearable than the maxi dress. I love the necklace you paired with it too!

-Carissa
EOD

Unknown said...

YES! That is so perfect! Did you use a pattern, or draft one to do this...? I've got some fabric that needs that treatment. :)

Annikins said...

Now kicking myself I left that gorgeous Print dress in the recycle store. This is great

J said...

love it ! Somehow I knew you made it before I scrolled down! It is your signagure style : )

Amy Jo said...

You are queen of the tunics!!!! I love this refashion....I have to up my sewing skills and get making some tunics....it's the sleeves that intimidate me.

Great job on this top!