Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Bringing some country to the city- ruffle skirt refashion

This skirt was super awkward even though it came from a super fabulous store (White house/black market). But it just didn't work for me.
I decided it needed some of a trim. Cut off the bottom stained ruffle layer. Cut off the top portion of the skirt. Added an elastic casing. Poof! I am ready to go!
I paired it with some boots, a belt, and my purple plaid shirt and what I got was a fun rustic, country feeling outfit which is what sometimes the big city needs! Here is the recap!

For more on this refashion click here. I am still keeping up with my 99 refashion challenge. I have no idea how I am keeping up with everything that is going on- I feel like I am running around in all directions!



IWOM said...

Ah. So we'll call this the well-dressed headless chicken look then?



Lovenicky said...

I agree the shorter length looks better. And more versatile too!

jennifer elliott said...

I love the combination of the boots and plaid shirt with the skirt. Very very chic. Love it!