Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, March 28, 2014

From Scarf to Downton-inspired dress

I thrifted this silk/rayon devore velvet (cut velvet) scarf last month at my local thrift store for $3.99. After watching a few episodes of the new season of Downton Abbey, I made it into a Downtown-inspired dress (with the help of a long slip).

From this scarf - (fold it into a quarter of the size and cut a hole on the top for the head):

To this dress - add a ruby long slip and a self-made satin belt:

What do you think? Is it too costume-like to go out for dinner dressed like this?


Sandy said...

oh that is lovely! people are doing Great Gatsby inspired evening wear, so this would work being of a similar time period.
Sandy in the UK

DressUpNotDown said...

Very pretty, and not too costume-like for dinner. :o)

Amy Jo said...


I love this. I keep scrolling back to look at it. Great vision and styling!

Andrea said...

Very pretty and clever! I agree, with all of the Gatsby themed attire being popular, I feel this could definitely pass as a date dress :) Nice!

Andrea EOD