Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Bad Jumper to Maternity Maxi Refashion

I have another maternity refashion for you today.  You know because a woman closing in on her due date needs more clothes!  But like last week's maternity refashion, I decided it was now or never on refashioning some of those maternity skirts in my closet that had never seen the light of day.  So today it's a jumper to maternity skirt refashion.
 This time, the maternity skirt that had never been worn was this number.  Uh, yeah!  I hesitated to even post that picture, but it'll give you an idea of where I started.  This little puppy was so tight that walking was...difficult.  Plus there was that whole awkward side split thing.  As if it was going to make the skirt any less tight.  But if it hadn't been there, this would have officially been the first maternity hobble skirt!  Now maybe if I was as famous as Kim Kardashian, I could have pulled off this look.  But I'm not that famous...yet!  (And I'm not interested in the Kim Kardashian sort of fame!)
Then there was this jumper.  Yep, it screams, "I'm over 50."  Which is fine, unless you're 15!  So pretty much unwearable, but the dear, sweet lady that gave it to us intended it to be refashioned before it was worn.  
Finished!  Whew, that's sure an improvement!  Finally a maternity skirt that will see the light of day.  For a few weeks anyway!  But that's better than never right?
For all the step by steps and more pictures, jump over to Skirt Fixation!
Audrey

1 comment:

IWOM said...

I'm telling ya, there is no better friend than one who hands you something and says something along the lines of: 'I know you can do something with this'.

Those are the friends we need to cultivate!

;-)

IWOM: EOD